- Timezone: Africa/Johannesburg
- Date: 21 Oct 2020
- Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Product Data Management Part 3: Debunking the Myths
We are excited to invite you to Part 3 of our content-packed and interactive Product Data Management Event Series where in this installment we are talking about Debunking the Myths of Product Data Management, with Autodesk’s Vault & PLM Expert Lee Dodds.
Having looked back into our interactions with you from our past two events, we have gathered all your questions, comments, queries, and suggestions to build this event to help you understand how Product Data Management can transform the way you design and make things.
In this session, we will take a deep-dive into topics and areas that most people love to hear about but never get to implement from a Data Management solution. Using Autodesk’s solution for Product Data Management, Autodesk Vault as our product focus, we will talk through the misconceptions and myths that align themselves with Product Data Management such as:
Top 5 Myths that we will Debunk:
- Windows Explorer is sufficient for saving files
- Data management is only for large organisations
- 2D users don’t need Data Management
- Cloud Sharing is risky
- Data Management is for IT Managers, and more…
Key discussion topics:
- What does it mean to have a common data environment?
- How does the protection of IP play a role in your daily design work?
- Do I need the collaboration of files inside and outside of the companies firewall?
- It is expensive to enforce standards in your organisation?
This online event will be led by Baker Baynes’ Daneel Ballaram along with Autodesk’s leading Vault and PLM expert, Lee Dodds who will be helping us debunk these myths and doubts about PDM.