What are the risks of using counterfeit software?
There are several risks associated with using counterfeit software:
- Illegal software often lacks important elements and documentation, and does not include warranty protection or upgrade options.
- Counterfeit disks may be infected with viruses that can damage hard drives or cripple networks.
- Copying or using illegally copied software puts your company at risk for copyright infringement; legal action against your company can result in negative PR.
- Counterfeit software that is not functional or contains a virus wastes company resources and increases IT costs.
- Using counterfeit software may lead to civil penalties and criminal prosecution.
- Learn more about the risks of using counterfeit AutoCAD software.