Quote Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Sale
- All prices are Net, exclude VAT unless stated otherwise
- All pricing is based on a Rand/Dollar exchange rate and is subject to change without prior notice. Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd does not take any responsibility for an exchange rate adjustment in pricing.
- All pricing for software and/or hardware exclude installation and configuration. If this additional service is required please discuss this at the time of purchase.
- Payment terms are strictly ‘Payment on Order’ unless otherwise agreed to, and are not negotiable.
- All products remain property of Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd until paid in full, and Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to communicate with a vendor to take appropriate action should any account be outstanding. This may or may not include the termination of software usage, which could result in loss of work, for which Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd will not be held responsible.
- Should any form of deferred or extended payment term be specifically agreed to in writing by a duly authorised director of Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd, the following shall apply:
- All good remain the property of Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd until payment has been received in full
- Interest on accounts in arrears for up to 30 days will be charged at the ruling prime interest rate plus 5% calculated on a daily basis for the amounts overdue as invoiced.
- All Consulting and i-adopt Service Offerings are subject to payment upfront unless otherwise arranged.
- A 15% handling fee will be charged for orders that are cancelled after an official order has been placed on Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd.
- All Shipping charges are for your own account
- All product specifications are determined by the respective manufacturers and are subject to change without notice.
- Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd and/or its agents shall not be held responsible for:
- Faulty or inadequate equipment and/or hardware obtained elsewhere.
- All repeated attempts at installation and configuration in an environment that includes items not supplied by Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd
- Application software or operating system software defects or exclusions leading to the malfunction of computer systems, peripherals, and/or hardware components.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the Client agrees to the products and services offered, and meet the Client’s needs. The Client further agrees to pay any handling fee or cancellation fee that may be levied in the case of
- All FREE support offered to Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd active subscription customers only. This may require a Change of Reseller form to be completed. Support will only be given once the Change of Reseller form is logged with Autodesk or relevant supplier.
- All products are Windows compatible unless otherwise asked for.
- All Autodesk Software Media Kits are a separate charge.
Specific Software Licence-Related Terms and Conditions
- OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE: All Software and User Documentation offered is licensed, not sold. Title, ownership and all rights and interest including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights, in and to the Software Materials and any authorised copies made by the receiving company (“Licensee”) remain with the software developer/manufacturer and its licensors. The structure, organisation, and code of the Software Materials are valuable trade secrets of software developer/manufacturer and its licensors and the licensee agrees to keep such trade secrets confidential.
- LIMITED WARRANTY: The software developer/manufacturer warrants that, as of the date on which the software is delivered to the licensee and for ninety (90) days thereafter (“Warranty Period”), the Software will provide the features and functions generally described in the User Documentation and that the media, on which the Software is furnished, if any, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. The software developer/manufacturer’s entire liability and the Licensee’s exclusive remedy during the Warranty Period will be, at the software developer/manufacturer’s option, to attempt to correct or work around errors, to replace the defective media on which the software is furnished, if any, or to refund the license fees and terminate this Agreement. Such refund is subject to the return of the defective media, if any, and User Documentation, with a copy of the licensee’s receipt to its local Software developer/manufacturer office or the authorised reseller from whom the Licensee obtained the Software during the Warranty Period.
- DISCLAIMER: Except for the express limited warranties provided, any representations about the Software and it’s functionality in the User Documentation or any communication with the Licensee constitute technical information and not an express warranty or guarantee. In addition, the software developers/manufacturers specifically disclaim any other warranty including, without limitation, the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, the software developer/manufacturer does not warrant that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free.
- FUNCTIONALITY LIMITATION WARNING: Computer-aided design software and other technical software are tools intended to be used by trained professionals only. They are not substitutes for professional judgement. Computer-aided design software and other technical software are intended to assist with product design and are not substitutes for independent design analysis, estimation or testing of product stress, safety and utility. Due to the large variety of potential applications for the software, the software has not been tested in all situations under which it may be used. The software developer/manufacturer and Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the results obtained through the use of the software. Persons using the software are responsible for the supervision, management and control of the software. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, the determination of appropriate uses for the software and the selection of the software and other programs to achieve intended results. Persons using the software are responsible for establishing the adequacy of independent procedures for testing the reliability and accuracy of any program output, including all items designed by using the software.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event shall the software developer/manufacturer, its licensors or Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd have any liability for any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, revenue, data, or cost of In addition, in no event shall the software developer / manufacturer, it’s licensors and Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd be held liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with the software or user documentation exceeding the amount paid or payable by the licensee for the software. The limitation of liability in this section shall apply to any damages, however caused and regardless of the theory of liability, whether derived from contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise, even if the software developer/manufacturer or Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of whether the limited remedies available hereunder fail of their essential purpose.
- SOFTWARE MEDIA: The software developer/manufacturer and/or Baker Baynes (PTY) Ltd shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever arising from loss or theft of the software or the media on which the software is furnished to the licensee. The software developer/manufacturer shall not be obligated to replace any lost or stolen software or software media. The licensee is solely responsible for safeguarding the software and the media on which the software is ACCEPTANCE OF LICENSE AGREEMENT: Signing of this quotation by an authorised representative of the Licensee implies that the Licensee agrees to the terms and conditions of the software developer/manufacturer software license agreement (typically found during installation and from the Help Menu).
Specific Training-Related Terms & Conditions
- All courses start promptly at 09h00, delegate is to arrive by latest 08h45 for setup.
- All courses should finish by 16h00 daily, however the final discretion is up to the Trainer who may or may not adjust these
- All Training Delegates receive 30 days access to CADLearning.
- All course payments / examination fees to be made at least 5 working days prior to training date, unless other arrangements have been made with our Financial Director and proof of payment to be sent to Training@bakerbaynes.com
- Baker Baynes takes no responsibility for training validation from any Professional Institute.
- Baker Baynes takes no responsibility for Autodesk Training Centre Certification requirements that may change from time to time.
- Booked and confirmed Professional certification exams or no show will forfeit the paid fees.
- We reserve the right to reschedule any courses subject to insufficient delegates
- Booked and confirmed Training Delegates have until 5 working days prior to the course start date to postpone and defer their booking. Any changes after 5 working days will not be accepted and the Delegate will forfeit the entire fee.
- Booked and confirmed Training Delegates who don’t arrive will forfeit the entire course fee
- No refunds will be paid under any circumstances. Courses will be rescheduled where relevant.